Meditation 'Coming to know your Mind'
Meditation is a practical, step-by-step guide book to Meditation, especially aimed at beginners but also offering an encouraging voice for the long-time meditator looking to refresh their knowledge or to inspire their practice.
In this book readers will learn:
- How to develop a consistent, daily meditation practice at home and while traveling
- Integrate mindfulness awareness into everyday life
- Basic instructions and techniques of meditation
- Instructions for seated (on the floor or in a chair), walking, and supine meditation postures
- Connect the body and mind with body-scanning meditation
- How to use the breath as an object of meditation
- How to deal with distraction and lethargy in meditation
- Come to know your heart and mind in the innermost way
This book is for those who do not know how to start a practice, or for those people who do not have access to teachers. It is especially useful for the multitudes of yoga practitioners who want to meditate but have never received solid instruction in the yoga studio. Using traditional Eastern practices, but aimed at a Western audience, the methods in this book can be utilised on the meditation cushion as well as in daily life when stress and challenges arise.